Monday, September 8, 2008

Good Times


This summer one of my dreams came true. I had the pleasure of being an art intern at Pixar. I worked in consumer products, which is the department that develops merchandise based off Pixar films. Most of my time there was spent exploring illustrative styles for children's books. I also had the opportunity to work on other fun projects like designing a t-shirt & tote bag for an event at the studio. Highlights of the internship were the people i met during my time there. Such as my mentor Ben Butcher, a generous man and passionate artist. And the other super awesome and ridiculously talented interns. I am leaving this internship with a lot of gratitude to the studio and a great amount of respect to the people who make it work. Oh yeah! did i forget to mention that i will be illustrating a childrens book of my very own for UP. Well at least that's the plan, hopefully everything works out. Yaaay!!!

2 comments:

brigette b said...

Glad you had a good experience at Pixar, Christian!

You are returning to SoCal, right? RIGHT?

Stella said...

yay :)
- stella